Use Zoom for online oral exam (for students)
Zoom is a user friendly video conferencing system, that allows Absalon to conduct online oral tests and exams. With Zoom both the student and the examiners can see and hear each other.
Absalon uses Zoom provided by DeiC via NorduNet. This version of Zoom is hosted on Scandinavian servers offering Absalon's students and employees a safe digial platform for distance learning, meetings and online oral exams.
We recommend that you download and install Zoom on your computer.
Always test your Zoom setup, so you know that your audio and video works as intended.
Use the link below to read more about testing your Zoom setup.
2.1. You must study the emergency procedures for online oral exams before starting the exam (find detailed information here).
At the beginning of the exam you will be requested by the examiner to note the Meeting ID, which the examiner will inform you about.
2.2. When you are allowed into the meeting room you have the following options:
- Mute or unmute your microphone
- Start stop the video feed from you camera
- Press 'Share Screen' to start sharing your screen with the other participants in the meeting room.
- When screen sharing is enabled, you have the option to share your computers screen (the easiest solution) or only a specific window/application on your computer.
2.3. At the end of your exam, you will temporarily be send back to the waiting room while the examiners discuss your performance.
2.4. When your evaluation is ready, you will be called back into the meeting room again.
2.5. When the exam, the evaluation and the feedback are over, you will be sent back into the waiting room again and you can close Zoom.
If the exam due to technical reasons is interrupted and it is not possible to quickly re-establish the connection to the meeting room, you should without any needless delay, follow the emergency procedure.
- Call the number : +45 89 88 37 88
- Enter the meeting ID that you noted at the beginning of the exam. (Use only numbers)
Continue by pressing '#’
- Press ‘#’ once more to skip ’Participant ID’ option.
- You will know enter the online exam meeting room with audio only from your phone.